[ckan-dev] which html? xhtml4.01Strict vs html 5

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:29:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

We seem to be starting to use html 5 features

eg  <a data-package-id="${c.pkg.id}" data-state="unfollow">

However our pages are xhtml 4.01 strict and so are invalid.

I'd like our pages to validate so we should either move over to html5 or
remove those features.  moving to html5 is probably the more sensible
choice.

Additionally if we are going to start passing info around like in the
example then I'd like us to do it in a uniform way rather than having a
whole variety of methods being used.  I think having more data available to
javascript will be useful but we should try to be consistent.

Toby