[ckan-dev] Account merge and visibility problems

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Apr 5 09:28:03 UTC 2012

Hi Sebastien,

> Sorry for pestering the dev list right away, but I could not find a
> bug tracker, so I would like to call a shiboleet on this one.

That's okay, this is a fine place to raise things (I think user signup
on our bug tracker at trac.ckan.org is currently disabled due to spam).

> 1.  Although there are 14 data sets listed total on
> http://thedatahub.org/en/group?page=3 only 4 are actually shown on
> the group page http://thedatahub.org/en/group/linguistics

This is bug in CKAN, we're looking into it now.

> 2. I seem to have two accounts:
> http://thedatahub.org/en/user/da60b5c3-8325-4e6b-85a7-96383f4c79c2
> http://thedatahub.org/en/user/http%3A//kurzum.myopenid.com/
>
> Could you fix this in the following way:
> 1. delete http://thedatahub.org/en/user/da60b5c3-8325-4e6b-85a7-96383f4c79c2
> 2. add Group Admin rights for "linguistics" to
> http://thedatahub.org/en/user/http%3A//kurzum.myopenid.com/

Unfortunately deleting the account is not so simple as that account has
edits. However I've made your kurzum.myopenid.com account a group admin
and removed your other account so it's no longer a group admin, is that
enough?

> Thanks, we have gathered quite a lot of linguists now in the working
> group and we will help them to add their data sets to the Hub soon.

That's fantastic news!