[ckan-dev] solr wildcards

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:11:18 UTC 2012

Hello

I am on the fence on this one.

Whilst it seems like a great idea, that we can add any extra fields as ints
or datetimes the issue we have is mapping things to and from the original
names.  The field names normally have some meaning to the application
especially for use in faceting.

There are also name spacing concerns.  Something uglier like _int_* and
_datetime_* makes more sense to me as we can more easily restrict other
fields to not start with an underscore and its marginally easier to strip
the type stuff automatically.

David