[ckan-dev] CKAN Extension Examples

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Apr 18 10:35:44 UTC 2012

> Any examples of these extensions that we can show on this page?
> http://ckan.org/features/extend/

1. Admin dashboard extension.

I don't what this is. Anyone?

2.Google Analytics extension.

The code is here:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-googleanalytics

and apparently it's installed on thedatahub:

http://thedatahub.org/analytics/dataset/top

3. QA Extension

This extension provides the 'five stars of opennness' stars next to
datasets (the number of stars for a dataset is calculated based on the
openness of its resources). You can see it next to Quality on dataset
pages like this one:

http://thedatahub.org/dataset/data-open-ac-uk/resource/61dda986-a6b0-45cb-87f5-29a7cec785dc

It also gives you a Quality Assurance dashboard for seeing overviews of
dataset openness ratings and of broken links:

http://thedatahub.org/qa

More info here:

http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/2010/star-scheme-by-example/

and here:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-qa

4. Data preview and visualisations

You can see these under Preview if you visit the page for a resource
(not the page for a dataset, datasets contain resources, so you have to
go to a dataset's page and then click-through to one if its resources),
e.g.

http://thedatahub.org/dataset/gold-prices/resource/b9aae52b-b082-4159-b46f-7bb9c158d013

Although I'm currently getting an error: Request Error: Backend did not
respond after 5 seconds.