[ckan-dev] solr schema upgrade to 1.4

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:36:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

A couple of things to note regarding SOLR schema changes:

* There is a CHANGELOG file in the schemas dir. It would be great if
anyone changing the schema could add a line briefly describing what he
did (with a ticket number if appropriate)

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/ckan/config/solr/CHANGELOG.txt

* CKAN needs to be told of which Solr schema versions it must support.
This is done here (I will update it myself, but just letting you
know):

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/blob/master/ckan/lib/search/__init__.py#L29

* A new core will be added to our solr servers pointing to the new schema, ie:

http://<server>/solr/ckan-schema-1.4

I'm happy to create them as I know my way around, but if during the
next weeks you need to update a CKAN instance from 1.5.1 or 1.6 to
1.7, you will need to update the solr_url setting in the ini file to
point to this new core (and reindex!):

solr_url=http://<server>/solr/ckan-schema-1.4

Let me know if you have any doubts regarding this

Adrià