[ckan-dev] Wednesday dev meet-up

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:10:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

Just a reminder that we are having a technical meeting up on wednesday.

I'm suggesting meeting at c4cc as I know where that is say from 10.30 but
people can be late as agreed but try to get there by 11.45 - let me know if
that's going to be impossible.

The topics I'm aware of are

The new templating (jinja2)

* basic differences from genshi
* how Aron and I think it should be used and not used (why includes are
painful)
* template inheritance (extend) and ckan_extend
* snippets vs helper functions
* translations
* goodbye config (and context for snippets) for templates
* Legacy support

JavaScript

* modularity
* interacting with html data-xxxx etc
* Fanstatic (if they do a release)
* translations

CSS

* less
* general good practice

Permissions

* What is the future
* how administered

Groups/Publishers

* what are they
* how do the work
* any changes planned

Translations

* Be nice to look at some edge cases eg user defined fields/ config
variables/other user generated stuff

Testing

* 2.0 makes many tests redundant and we need to review them anyhow

We may not get to cover all of these in much detail.  See how we get on
We'll go get some lunch about 1/1.30 and maybe have a change of scene in
the afternoon maybe the harrington?

Maybe we could get some budget for refreshments

Can people reply if they are going to be coming

Cheers,
Toby