[ckan-dev] Google Analytics extension

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Fri Aug 3 20:27:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

The docs for the Google Analytics extension specify that we need to enter
the GA user account's username and password into the configuration, and
caution that the credentials could be read by other people.

Can anyone tell me if this is still accurate?  Is there a reason we need to
enter the username and password to integrate with Google Analytics as
opposed to an API key or something?

If our city government isn't comfortable entering those credentials into
the CKAN GA config, is it still OK to hand-code the GA script into the
templating system so it still gets included on every page?

Thanks for your advice!
Jim

--
-----