[ckan-dev] organizations server error

Michael Reichart michael.reichart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:53:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've tried to activate organizations and organizations-dataset on our
CKAN 1.7.1 installation. So far everything is working. I've
encountered a problem when trying to edit a dataset without a group
set, but could resolve it with changing line 110 in the form to " if
organization and organization.get('id','') "...
But now I've got the problem that I can't edit any dataset, getting
the following error message:

Module ?:110 in <Expression u"group['title']">          view
>>  <option value="${group['id']}" py:attrs="{'selected':'selected'} if organization and organization.get('id','') == group['id'] else {}">${group['title']}</option>
Undefined error: group has no member named title

It seems that the group object in the form only consists of name and
id. But I've definitely set a title for the group. It works if I
change "${group['title']}" to "${group['name']}" but isn't very nice,
because I want the title to be displayed not the api-name.

Also I've got some groups in the dropdown list, that are deleted. The
dropdown also does not display the currently selected group, but all
others.

Any hints?

Btw is it possible to delete an organization permanently? The UI does
not provide this functionality.

Thanks,
michael