[ckan-dev] recline data type error?

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Tue Aug 21 17:03:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Running CKAN 1.7, installed from source, on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  Uploaded a
CSV with monthly data, for the date column I used format YYYY-MM-DD.

I am 99.99% positive that I was once able to sort the resulting Recline
grid by Sort Ascending on the Month column, which resulted in the data
being in chronological order.

However, when I try that now, nothing happens in Recline and I get the
following pile of Java errors in my ElasticSearch logs:

http://pastebin.com/SnUqj0ws

Resource in question is here:

http://data.cityofsantacruz.com/dataset/monthly-rainfall-totals-santa-cruz-1996-2006/resource/962cc112-570a-4fd1-a276-6c9bc07175ac

I see an Issue about ElasticSearch failing on string sort here, but it
doesn't look like there's a resolution mentioned:

https://github.com/okfn/recline/issues/133

Can anyone suggest any troubleshooting steps?  Alternatively, is there a
better way to format the month value so CKAN/Recline accepts it as a date
value instead of a string?

Thanks!
Jim

--