[ckan-dev] ckan roadmap for contribution

p.romain at cg33.fr p.romain at cg33.fr
Tue Aug 14 10:14:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

We are currently developping several features based on CKAN 1.7.1 and we
would like to merge our efforts as much as possible with those of the CKAN
team.
Reading http://ckan.org/developers/roadmap/ we would like to have a more
detailed vision of the ckan's backlog in order to see where we could help
or what we could re-user instead of developing it twice.

For example we now have a complete documentation for running ckan in a
Redhat distro and have developed a module for Drupal integration.
On the other hand we are very much interested in what covers the QA API
and specification since we uncountered some troubles implementing and
administrating this extension.
All the works being done on the geospatial features is for us of great
value because we would like to harvest several csw repositories. For the
moment we plan on using geoserver for ogc web-services (WFS/WMS) but if
"geospatial data querying in data explorer" means this kind of features we
would be happy to contribute in any ways needed.

Finally, once released the new datalocale.fr portal, we would very much
like to be harveted by publicdata.eu and thedatahub.io. Have you worked on
an automatic harvesting ckan to ckan system that can regularly check for
new resources to push/get, or this work is mostly manually done ?

Best,

Pascal Romain for the datalocale.fr team

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Ce message ne constitue pas un document officiel. Seuls les documents revêtus de la signature du Président du Conseil Général ou d'un de ses délégataires sont de nature à engager le Département.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération et le Département de la Gironde décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé, falsifié.