[ckan-dev] R: R: R: 404 not found when I preview dataset

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Aug 29 10:22:48 UTC 2012

> my CKAN version is 1.6 and is a package install, you advise me to install or update to 1.7.2 ?

If you can, I would recommend moving to a CKAN 1.7.1 source install:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/install-from-source.html

However if this is going to be a lot of work for you, be advised that
the CKAN 1.8 release is imminent so you might want to wait for that
instead.

> I've added synchronous_search in ckan.plugins and restart apache, but
> the dataset search page still shows 0 datasets.

Ah, back on 1.6 I think the option was different, you should have:

    ckan.build_search_index_synchronously = true

> I've tried to install datastorer but the firse pip command give me an
> error "No such file or directory while executing command git clone -q
> git://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datastorer.git
> /root/src/ckanext-datastorer".

Did you have your ckan virtual environment active when you ran this
command?