[ckan-dev] requests version change

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 13:05:03 UTC 2012

some extensions seem to require requests==0.6.4 and we have upgraded the
version in core.  There is something odd with our tests that trigger this
even if the extensions appear not to be being used.

qa and archiver seem to be affected

this causes paster db init to fail so it seems important.  We could fix it
either in model.Repository.init_db() or in lib.celery_app

what do people think? Also should we be adding these requires for
extensions? maybe request>=0.6.4 is better than requires==6.4 unless we
know a future version is problematic?

Toby