[ckan-dev] Problem with new extension installation

Thodoris Papadopoulos thodoris at thodoris.net
Fri Dec 21 11:03:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

We face a problem with a CKAN extension we are developing for data.gov.gr.
The purpose of the extension is mainly to customize the UI , and its based
on examples we have found on github.
For the moment we develop the extension locally (not yet on github).

We copied all the extension directory  structure under
~/pyenv/src/ckanext-gr
and then we installed the extension using :

(pyenv)$ cd ~/pyenv/src/ckanext-gr
(pyenv)$ sudo python setup.py develop
(pyenv)$ python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Oct  6 2010, 16:19:55)
>>> import ckanext.gr

All the above run , without problem.
FInally , we added the extension  into the plugins section of
development.ini.
ckan.plugins = stats gr_customizations

The problem is that when we start CKAN we get the following error:

File "/home/ckan/pyenv/src/ckan/ckan/plugins/core.py", line 166, in
find_user_plugins
    raise PluginNotFoundException(name)
ckan.plugins.core.PluginNotFoundException: gr_customizations

Any ideas ?

Thank you
Thodoris Papadopoulos