[ckan-dev] markdown syntax on CKAN

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Dec 7 11:47:17 UTC 2012

> Thanks for taking some time on this issue.
>
> We use 1.7.2 and the problem happends on the description of resources
> /dataset/editresources/

I just tested this briefly in CKAN 1.8, markdown seems to work fine in
resource descriptions on that version.

I haven't tested to see whether the problem you describe is a bug
affecting everyone using CKAN 1.7, or just a problem in your case, but
it seems upgrading to 1.8 is likely to fix it.

There is a problem that I noticed on CKAN 2.0a, first, if a resource has
no name then its descrption is used as its name, but the raw markdown
text is shown not the rendered HTML. Second, when previewing a resource
description on the dataset page, it doesn't show the raw markdown, put
it seems to strip any HTML tags from the rendered markdown. On the
resource's own page the markdown is shown properly rendered.

What do others think, are these worth fixing in 2.0? Or are they
deliberate?