[ckan-dev] wiki.ckan.org tidying up

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Feb 15 15:38:45 UTC 2012

Hey, I just moved wiki.ckan.org's link to the OKF Coding Standards to
the front page, as it seemed like an important thing to have there.

I noticed that the wiki front page is quite crowded, and contains a lot
of stuff that looks like it duplicates info from elsewhere and is
incomplete or out of date. Maybe it's due for a big clean out? e.g.:

The FAQ duplicates a lot of info that is (or should be) on the main
ckan.org site, e.g. What is CKAN? What is it for? What features does it
have? etc. Probably at least half of the FAQ could be deleted. Or the
whole thing, since there's another CKAN FAQ on the main ckan.org site
anyway.

The User Guide section looks like it just duplicates stuff that is or
should be on docs.ckan.org? Maybe the whole section could be deleted,
after checking that it's all in the docs.

Same for the wiki pages about the API.

wiki.ckan.org/People seems to duplicate info from okfn.org/about/team,
and is out of date. Delete? Or do we need a separate list of CKAN people
because they may not all be OKFN people? There's also another People
page on wiki.okfn.org.