[ckan-dev] Better interface for tags etc

Irina Bolychevsky irina.bolychevsky at okfn.org
Thu Feb 16 10:49:32 UTC 2012

Mark - these are great points and somewhat already covered in a super
search UX improvements ticket here: http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1717 - have
a look and add any additional info. This is something we want to raise and
potentially schedule into a sprint once we figure how much work it'll be,
which bits to do and who is available to do this.

Any front end dev volunteers - please shout :)

On 9 February 2012 13:52, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:

> On 9 February 2012 12:04, Mark Wainwright <mark.wainwright at okfn.org>wrote:
>
>> The datahub interface is unclear about things like tags and groups
>> (especially tags).
>>
>> If you click on search:
>>
>> http://thedatahub.org/dataset
>>
>> you see (the start of) a list of datasets, with in the RH column
>> headings like 'Tags', etc. For example a null search lists 5 tags.
>> This kind of looks like there are only 5 tags in the whole datahub. Of
>> course this isn't so (I guess they're the most popular tags). But how
>> do I see the others? How do I search by tag?
>>
>> I suggest under the listed tags should appear 'More ...', and that
>> both this and the word 'Tags' link to a page which both lists all tags
>> available and gives a tag search box. Of course the same could be done
>> for 'Format' and 'Groups'.
>>

> This is an excellent idea. I suggest you create a ticket. Rufus / Tom
> should know which of the super tickets for UX would be suitable to add it
> to.
>

>> (In addition how about an 'advanced search' link under the search box?
>> This would enable you to search on words in tag, publisher, etc.)
>>

> Do you mean like Google/GMail advanced search, with different input boxes
> for each field? I quite like this. Anyone else have thoughts?
>
> Dave
>

>> Mark
>>
>> --
>> Mark Wainwright, CKAN Community Co-ordinator
>> Open Knowledge Foundation http://okfn.org/
>> Skype: m.wainwright

Irina Bolychevsky
CKAN Product Owner