[ckan-dev] what constitutes a broken link?

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Wed Jan 18 09:01:14 UTC 2012

Hi Ton,

Currently, a link will be labelled as 'broken' by the QA extension if
it has a computed openness score of 0. Apart from the url not being
valid or available, this can also happen if the server hosting it does
not accept a HEAD request or we can not determine the format of the
resource. We should probably make this information more granular
however.

For more details on the process see http://wiki.ckan.org/Data_Quality

Thanks,
John