[ckan-dev] Supported deployment platform plans

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Jan 24 12:42:31 UTC 2012

I don't think there is much difficulty moving to Ubuntu 12.04. I outlined
the task here: http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1471

More of a difficult question is about web frameworks, as Pylons has stopped
development a year or so ago and its intended successor Pyramid is a bit of
a leap. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about Pyramid or other
Python web frameworks? We liked Pylons because it was very flexible.

There's an argument that we've outgrown Pylons somewhat, having customised
so much of it. Maybe we should simply take the bits of the Pylons glue that
we like and look at using a more up-to-date version of its components: e.g.
more recent Beaker & Babel releases and replacements for Routes and Genshi
whose releases seem to have dried up?

Dave