[ckan-dev] Preview CKAN

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jan 26 21:51:10 UTC 2012

On 26 January 2012 16:23, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:

> On 26 January 2012 15:48, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 25 January 2012 22:05, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org> wrote:
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > I reported this a while back, but is there any chance we can make the
>> > data
>> > preview thing work in CKAN again?
>>
>> It works for me (most of the time ... -- the issue is that some
>> datasets don't convert properly through our data proxy [1]. Until we
>> switch wholesale to webstore we won't be able to do a lot about this
>> ...).
>>
>> If you do have problems could you report the specific dataset /
>> resource you were looking at.
>

> Rufus,
>
> I put the details of this in the ticket: http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1660

Thanks. I've closed the ticket with the following explanation:

The broken-ness arose from a (very sensible) refactor (done by Tom
Rees) to be stricter about what we tried to preview.

Rather than hack around the conditions of the format string for
previewing, my strong suggestion is to get rid of weird format types
like x-osdata-csv (just change it to csv).

An alternative, that would preserve ability to set 'funky' formats
would be to set the mimetype correctly (to text/csv) (this may still
need an update to the previewer but one that would be sensible to
make).

@Lucy: does this make sense. Advice is to go change the format of
x-osdata-csv (which we don't need any more anyway ...)

Rufus

This was broken by a (very sensible) refactor of Tom Rees' where we
got stricter about what we tried to preview. Rather than hack around
the preview my strong suggestion is to get rid of weird format types
like x-osdata-csv (change it to csv). An alternative, that would