[ckan-dev] "Metadata aggregator at Semantic CKAN"

William Waites ww at styx.org
Mon Jan 30 19:21:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:24:07 +0000, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> said:

    dread> Thanks, Mark.   Will, Richard and Monica discussed this and
    dread> I've summarised their answers back on the semanticweb.com
    dread> page.

Some further update... There are indeed bugs in the behaviour of the
DISTINCT operator with 4store. Some but not all of those bugs have
been fixed between 1.1.2 (what semantic.ckan.net is running) and 1.1.4
(what we are running at Edinburgh).

I will update the semantic.ckan.net back-end today, but this does
raise the wider question of its care and feeding. I was quite
pleasantly surprised when logging in to learn that the host has been
up for 273 days and that the various pieces of the service have been
running quite solidly for at least most of that time.

Obviously it hasn't required too much attention. As long as CKAN
doesn't deprecate the old API it should keep ticking merrily
along. With some luck.

That does not address any improvements or future development along
these lines, and there are many that could be made.

Thoughts on the future of semantic.ckan.net?

Cheers,
-w