[ckan-dev] "Failed to get credentials for storage upload"

barbra blmack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:31:55 UTC 2012

Hi

I have just setup a local CKAN instance (CKAN 1.7 on Ubuntu 10.04 on
Virtual Box), and am trying to upload a dataset as admin user. And I am
getting the following error "Failed to get credentials for storage upload.
Upload cannot proceed".

I followed the instructions here:
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/filestore.html

And I have also followed the suggestion to create an empty file my storage
directory, called pairtree_version0_1, as someone suggested here:
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2012-March/001792.html

And I'm still getting the same message. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barbra