[ckan-dev] FAQ/RFC on sql data store.

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:29:11 UTC 2012

> David this seems to have changed radically from our chat last week where it
> sounded like the data was write once, never update - is this because I
> didn't pay any attention to what you were saying, you were talking about
> something entirely different, or you've decided on a large change in
> functionality?

I do not think I mentioned at all about updating existing rows, but
thought that it was inevitable that this would be wanted at some
point.  As a first attempt at implementing this, nonetheless, updating
can be missed out, which was probably why I did not mention it.
Actually missing out updating entirely and just allowing
deleting/inserting is very appealing.

As to the naming data->datastore makes sense if you found data unclear.

Thanks

David