[ckan-dev] File Store Error

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Jul 26 11:58:27 UTC 2012

> I am working with ckan 1.7 and the filestore is having some issues,
> when i create a new resource and try to upload a file for it , it just
> shows(Uploading file ...) but does not complete the actual upload, i
> cant seem to find a fix for this, i would be very grateful if you
> could help me resolve this --

Hi John, this is going to be difficult to resolve without more
information:

Are you using local or cloud file storage?

Can you share your CKAN config file with us? (with any sensitive details
removed)

Are you seeing any error messages? There's a number of places where you
might see an error:

- In your terminal, if you're running CKAN from a terminal using paster
  serve
- In your CKAN log files if you're running CKAN from a web server like
  Apache
- In Firebug's Net tab if you have the firebug extension for firefox installed

Which web browser are you using, and which version?