[ckan-dev] File Upload Hugs ckan 1.7

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:57:33 UTC 2012

On 26 July 2012 14:11, John <john at farwell-consultants.com> wrote:
> Now the error is "Only HTTP URLs are supported: Data proxy does not support
> URLs" when I try to preview the csv file I have  uploaded

The problem may be that you are trying to pass a file which was
uploaded to your server (so it has a
http://localhost:5000/storage/f/...) to the DataProxy, which is an
external service (it lives at http://jsonpdataproxy.appspot.com/) and
does not have access to your computer.

This will work if you were on a publicly accessible instance
(http://yoursite.ckan.org or similar).

Note that the CSV preview works as follows:

1 - If the file has been uploaded to the local datastore, this is used
to query the data
2 - If not, the file is queried via the DataProxy

You are on point 2, so the proper fix is probably installing and
configuring the datastore (and the datastorer extension), as per these
instructions:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/datastore.html#installation-and-configuration
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/datastore.html#datastorer-automatically-add-data-to-the-datastore

Adrià