[ckan-dev] DataStorer and preview troubleshooting

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Mon Jul 30 17:04:39 UTC 2012

I did some more testing based on past troubleshooting advice from this list...

So I can upload data via the API:

prompt$ curl -XPUT http://localhost/api/data/<resource_id>/1 -d
'{"test":"data"}' -H 'Authorization: <API key of my admin user>'

successfully replaces the CSV that was in that resource with the
"test, data" table and preview works, API calls against it work, etc.

So it seems that it's just when files are uploaded via the web
interface that no DataStore is being created.  My celery log is still
showing the "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'read'" error referenced in the pastebin I made
(http://pastebin.com/jtXUbvJx) but I can't tell if this is the
archiver or datastorer process or something else altogether.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jim

--