[ckan-dev] Adding fields to existing tables of CKAN, from extension

Aleksi Suomalainen aleksi.suomalainen at nomovok.com
Thu Jun 7 12:48:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am making an extension that creates a global id from a URN fetched
from an external service, but the existing CKAN datamodel for eg.
Resource does not have a global_id field and after a whole evening of
googling I did not find a way to do this via an plugin interface.

Is there another way to implement this, without me requiring to fork the
entire CKAN codebase just to add one field to an existing datamodel?

I know there are migrations that exist, but is there a way for an
extension to add its own migration and then configure CKAN to use a
migration of the extension?

Regards,
--
-- Aleksi Suomalainen Software Developer at Nomovok Ltd.
<http://www.nomovok.com/> <mailto:aleksi.suomalainen at nomovok.com=>