[ckan-dev] Branch names and commit SHAs on Jenkins

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Jun 7 14:32:25 UTC 2012

Hey, I (finally) got the git branch names and commit shas to show up in
the build history on jenkins, so you can easily find the last time it
built your branch:

http://s031.okserver.org:8080/job/CKAN_PostgreSQL_Tests/

(It's not going to add them for the older builds but it will from now
on.)

All I had to do was install the Description Setter Plugin, edit my build
script to print out the branch name and commit into the log file (using
environment variables set by the git plugin to get the branch and
commit), and then configure the description setter to use a regex to
find the branch and commit in the logs and set it as the build
description. I've no idea why I didn't see this solution immediately.