[ckan-dev] python-ckanclient on Debian Sid (unstable) and dpm packaging issues

J. Félix Ontañón fontanon at emergya.es
Mon Jun 11 20:54:33 UTC 2012

2012/3/19 J. Félix Ontañón <fontanon at emergya.es>:
> El día 14 de marzo de 2012 11:46, Rufus Pollock
> <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> escribió:

>>> I'm lost here ... is datapm the winner?
>>
>> I think it is.
>>
>>> I bet for naming both the debian package and the script as datapm.
>>
>> Yes!
>>
>>> The renaming will be done at package building stage, so dpm could
>>> still be the upstream app and script name.
>>
>> Yes, though I am now wondering about renaming everything but that's
>> for later. For now it will stay dpm upstream and we will use datapm
>> for the Debian package.
>>
>>> May I proceed?
>>
>> Yes!
>>
>> Rufus
>
> Datapm debian source package for Deiban Unstable (Sid) finished:
> https://github.com/fontanon/dpm/tree/debian-sid
>
> As dpm last release is v0.10 i've added the manpage at debian source
> package level.
> Next step will be to submit datapm to debian.
>
> Would you create a debian-sid branch at okfn's dpm git repo for
> requesting to pull that?
>
> Cheers!

Work is done: datapm, dpm's name at debian has been finally accepted
into Debian Sid:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/datapm.html

As ckanclient and datapm were accepted into Debian Sid before Ubuntu's
repositories sync for 12.10, both packages will be also available at
this release.

Now is easier for Debian and Ubuntu users managing with CKAN instances
from the shell.
Kind regards.

--
J. Félix Ontañón Carmona