[ckan-dev] Undocumented config

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Tue Jun 12 13:33:24 UTC 2012

Hi CKAN team,

I did a quick survey of CKAN code for undocumented configuration
options. There are 21, including most of the recent additions, so it
would be good to stem the flow.

A few of these are described in the config template - this is useful,
but it would be better to have them all in one place, and the sphinx
docs are much more visible.

It would be great if this aspect of the docs could be brought up to
the excellent standards of documentation generally. It would be most
useful for those administering CKANs like me, that are too lazy to
read all the code ;-)

Dave

Documented at http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7/configuration.html :
ckan.default_roles.x
ckan.storage.bucket
ckan.storage.directory
ckan.recaptcha.privatekey
ckan.recaptcha.publickey
ckan.site_title
ckan.favicon
ckan.site_url
ckan.site_logo
ckan.site_description
ckan.site_id
ckan.root_path
ckan.locales_offered
ckan.locale_default
ckan.locale_order
ckan.ckan_instances
ckan.restrict_template_vars
ckan.template_head_end

Undocumented:
ckan.admin.name
ckan.admin.email
ckan.default.group_type
ckan.page_cache_enabled
ckan.cache_enabled
ckan.cache_expires
ckan.extra_resource_fields
ckan.extra_resource_group_fields
ckan.storage.key_prefix
ckan.storage.max_content_length
ckan.feeds.authority_name *
ckan.feeds.date *
ckan.feeds.author_name *
ckan.feeds.author_link *
ckan.mail_from
ckan.gravatar_default *
ckan.plugins
ckan.api_url
ckan.auth.profile
ckan.datastore.enabled
ckan.tracking_enabled
* but are mentioned in config template

In the default deployment.ini but deprecated:
ckan.async_notifier
carrot_messaging_library
ckan.build_search_index_synchronously