[ckan-dev] Trac ticket refs in commit messages

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Jun 6 09:03:23 UTC 2012

> > Maybe we have to settle for letting trac tickets get closed before stuff
> > has been merged into master?
> >

> I'd rather close the ticket manually than get it closed automatically
> before it's been reviewed and merged.

Hmm, yeah. We could just avoid saying
close/closed/closes/fix/fixed/fixes #123 and only use
references/refs/ref/addresses/re/see #123, or I could disable the
github-trac plugin's automatic ticket closing by hacking the source
code. If we're gonna make our own fork of this plugin we could also make
it recognise our [#123] syntax if we wanted.

If the github-trac plugin will automatically make our commit messages
appear as comments on the trac ticket if we reference the ticket number,
I can see that being useful. Otherwise maybe we don't actually want this
plugin at all. I'll have to test the plugin to see if it even does this,
which I'll do once trac has been updated.