[ckan-dev] DataStorer extension location question

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Thu Jun 14 16:21:01 UTC 2012

Hi Adrià,

Here is a pastebin of the /var/log/apache/MYCKAN.error.ini when I try
to load the home page and get the 500 error:

http://pastebin.com/h6a6jjVM

The datastorer extension installation procedure you suggested
yesterday resulted in this path:

/home/backadmin/pyenv/src/ckanext-datastorer/ckanext/datastorer

I also pasted my datastorer nosetests results to the list yesterday;
not sure if that helps at all either.

Please let me know if there is any other info I can provide that might
help you or other list members suggest troubleshooting steps.

Thanks again!
Jim

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:00 AM, Adrià Mercader <amercadero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Yes, the traceback would be great to have, can you post it somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adrià
>
> On 14 June 2012 00:02, Jim Craner <jim at codeforamerica.org> wrote:
>> Hi Adrià,
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestions -- every command ran successfully until I
>> restarted Apache.  I'm still getting a 500 error when I try to access
>> CKAN, and the "PluginNotFoundException: datastorer" in the error logs.
>>
>> Would the rest of the Traceback help you troubleshoot?  Any other suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Jim
>>
>> [Wed Jun 13 00:20:54 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
>> PluginNotFoundException: datastorer
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Adrià Mercader <amercadero at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the datastorer. Trust
>>> me, it definitely works on different projects :)
>>>
>>> I've improved the install instructions on the README [1], which I
>>> agree could be confusing, so I suggest we start all over again.
>>>
>>> 1. Remove any datastorer folder that you have right now
>>> 2. Activate your virtualenv
>>> 3. Run pip install -e
>>> git+git://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datastorer.git#egg=ckanext-datastorer