[ckan-dev] Specification of data processing web services.

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 16:20:51 UTC 2012

> Any sensible automated task would *never* send a uuid as, as you say the
> service could throw an error so why risk it?

Knowing the id upfront is very useful (you can store you sent
something out, before you sent it), and I thought the point of the
uuid that the chance of a collision was so low that it was worth the
risk. It could be worth the requester namespacing the uuid with the
its domain name to make it more unlikely but that is most likely
overkill.  I think the complication of 2 references is not worth the
tradeoff.