[ckan-dev] DataStorer extension location question

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Jun 15 09:38:42 UTC 2012

> ~/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ckanext-datasource.egg-link does
> NOT exist.  (Nor does that filename exist in any other folder on the
> system.)
>
> Is that useful info?  Was there a problem with the datastorer
> extension installation or something else?

I think there is one thing missing from the install instructions in the
(now much improved) ckanext-datastorer README, you need to cd into the
pyenv/src/ckanext-datastorer directory and run:

    python setup.py install

or if you were planning on doing development work on ckanext-datastorer
itself then you'd probably find it more convenient to use:

    python setup.py develop

Then cd back to the pyenv/src/ckan directory and run paster serve
development.ini, CKAN should run without the plugin not found error.

Worked for me. Let me know if that works, Jim