[ckan-dev] Recline & IE7

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jun 20 11:30:26 UTC 2012

On 20 June 2012 12:05, David Read <david.read at hackneyworkshop.com> wrote:
> Hi CKAN devs,
>
> There seem various problems with CKAN 1.7.1 beta when viewed in
> Internet Explorer 7 - see screenshot http://imgur.com/FKkNg
>
> In particular, Recline has IE7 bugs and simply doesn't load, leaving
> the 'loading' symbol continously swirling. I made a number of fixes on
> our copy of recline.js which you may want to pull.
> https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-dgu/commit/97a816a99edd70ff6c300f54765907a716c5384c

This is great David! However most of these are to Recline itself so
can you apply the patches upstream to Recline [1] - CKAN merges from
upstream Recline.

[1]: https://github.com/okfn/recline

> But there still seems major issues displaying the grid and scrolling
> simply doesn't work - see screenshot http://i.imgur.com/Zfcb7 . Is
> this something you're able to look at?

Supporting IE7 for rich JS applications is a huge PITA (and often
impossible). The basic answer may be: "get a decent browser" - while
this is nice to have functionality it is not absolutely essential and
IE7 is now 6y old ...

Rufus