[ckan-dev] How we use trac

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jun 25 13:37:19 UTC 2012

> On 25 Jun 2012, at 13:44, Ian Murray wrote:
> > I think this would best fit into the status workflow:
> >
> > new -> accepted -> assigned -> in development [-> awaiting merge] ->
> > closed
>
> Actually I'd prefer to swap accepted and assigned, someone can assign
> the bug to me, but until I accept it, I'm not working on it.

Exactly

> > Personally, I'm more in favour of "awaiting merge" being a status than a priority.
>
> Does Trac allow us to add statuses? If so, I'm happy with that too.

It can be customised, you have to ssh into the trac server and edit the
ini file, I was planning to do this anyway in order to install some
plugins, but was waiting until after the ever-imminent upgrade

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracWorkflow

I kind of think that if we can get by with the default workflow we
should, less customisation is going to be easier to understand and
maintain going forward (running a highly tricked-out trac instance with
loads of plugins and custom configurations is probably not a good idea)