[ckan-dev] doc translation

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Jun 26 09:44:18 UTC 2012

> Hi, Is it possible to translate [1]http://docs.ckan.org/ ?  The url
> [2]http://docs.ckan.org/fr/latest/api.html seems to exist but displays
> content in English :)

The docs haven't (yet) been translated into any language other than
English. I'd be worried about translating the docs without a good way of
managing the translations, just because the docs are quite long and they
change fairly frequently. We'd need a way of managing translations and
knowing which lines of the docs have been translated, which haven't,
which lines have changed since the last release and need to be
translated again for the next release, etc. For the source code we use
Babel and Transifex to handle this, but I haven't looked into ways of
doing something similar for documentation.