[ckan-dev] ckan-harvest NoneType problem

Michael Reichart michael.reichart at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:56:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use the ckan-harvest extension to harvest from a ckan (tried
different ones - at the moment: ckan.data.linz.gv.at) to import in my local
dev ckan.

I wasn't able to import a single package since all failed with different
errors
(mainly: NotFound('group not found') or ValidationError (because of {'id':
[u'Das Eingabefeld id wurde nicht erwartet.']})

Because of this I updated to the last version from github. Now I'm
permanently getting the error:

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'type'

I mean, ok this is clearly a python problem - but am I the only one
experiencing this? Am I missing some configuration? Maybe another python
version? I'm using Python 2.6
I also tried some of the harvesters vom ckanext-pdeu - but they are failing
with similar errors - the 'NoneType' appears on different places in code -
even if I fix some, it reappears elsewhere.

Is there any sort of deeper documentation to ckan-harvest?

Thanks in advance!

Michael