[ckan-dev] Archiver and Data/Webstore

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 15 16:38:29 UTC 2012

On 15 March 2012 16:31, David Read <david.read at hackneyworkshop.com> wrote:
> The CKAN Archiver downloads resources and then tries to load them into
> Webstore. It's the upload to Webstore which is troubling me. If I want

That is obsolete (that functionality never went live and has been
replaced by  <http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/storage/datastore.html#datastorer-automatically-add-data-to-the-datastore>

> to use the Elastic Search instead of the old Webstore (which was
> renamed Datastore?) is it right that I should use the

Yes, it is renamed (we no longer use "Webstore")

> ckanext-datastorer to download the resources and put them in the
> Elastic Search?

Yes. That is what is being used now on the

> BTW I couldn't find anywhere the definition of WebstorerError thrown
> in ckanext-archiver/ckanext/archiver/webstore_upload.py

That file is no longer relevant and should be deleted asap. It is
superseded by by https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datastorer (I will do
this now).

By the way, DataStore related docs are here:

<http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/storage/datastore.html>

Rufus