[ckan-dev] Action API autodocs

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed May 2 17:24:04 UTC 2012

Although autodoc is still not working on readthedocs, I've started an
autodoc action API reference in this branch:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/compare/feature-2345-action-api-autodocs

Just checkout that branch, build the docs, and open
build/sphinx/html/api-ref.html in Firefox.

There's not much in the way of best-practice example of documenting an
API function yet, although I've done a couple. I'll do more tomorrow
morning.

For the syntax for documenting params, types, etc. of a function see:

http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/desc.html#info-field-lists

This new page is not linked to from the table of contents or anywhere
yet, when it's done I think it'll replace the existing
"Model, Search and Action API: Version 3" page with all those horrible
tables.