[ckan-dev] CKAN on Windows

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Wed May 9 10:49:27 UTC 2012

Hi Sven,

Great to hear about your project with CKAN - I'm sure the list will be
keen to hear about it.

It looks like the flup repo is having some problems. Luckily pip is
quite flexible in what formats it accepts and there is a zip file you
can try. See example below.

David

dread at dread-laptop:/tmp$ testpyenv/bin/pip install
http://hg.saddi.com/flup/archive/tip.zip
Downloading/unpacking http://hg.saddi.com/flup/archive/tip.zip
  Downloading tip.zip (unknown size): 105Kb downloaded
  Storing download in cache at
/home/dread/pip_cache/http%3A%2F%2Fhg.saddi.com%2Fflup%2Farchive%2Ftip.zip
  Running setup.py egg_info for package from
http://hg.saddi.com/flup/archive/tip.zip
/tmp/testpyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pip-1.1-py2.6.egg/pip/req.py:659:
UserWarning: Unbuilt egg for setuptools [unknown version]
(/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages)
  self.satisfied_by = pkg_resources.get_distribution(self.req)
Installing collected packages: flup
  Running setup.py install for flup
Successfully installed flup
Cleaning up...