[ckan-dev] file storage setup in 1.7

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Thu May 24 05:27:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure CKAN 1.7 (package install) on an Ubuntu 10.04
appliance and I'm having some problems with the file storage
functionality.  I'm trying to use local file storage based on these
instructions:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7/filestore.html

In addition to the settings recommended in that doc, I also did a "pip
install ckanext-storage" and added "storage" to my .ini file's list of
extensions.

1) When I try to upload a file as a resource, I am able to select the
file but when I click the "upload" button I get the "Failed to get
credentials for storage upload. Upload cannot proceed" error message
(I am logged in as the admin user).

2) When I try to upload a file via the /storage/upload method, I am
again able to select the file but attempting to upload returns a
generic "Server Error / an internal error occurred" message.  In the
/var/log/apache2/INSTANCENAME.error.log, I can see dozens of error
messages related to "/storage/upload" and "/storage/upload_handle" but
I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jim

--