[ckan-dev] genshi.NewTextTemplate extracting translations

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:22:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

We have some users of NewTextTemplates, I know that Ross has been using
these.

Do we have any specific ways we are doing this?  Looking at setup.py they
should (at least in core) all use .txt as an extension to have their
content picked up to be translated.

Is this something that we can/should expect across all extensions?
If all templates of type NewTextTemplate are .txt files this would make
things easier for me and would seem to be a good thing to enforce but I'm
as ever keen not to break too much

Additionally we try to extract from ckan/templates/home/language.js which
doesn't exist (see setup.py).  Should I remove this?

Toby