[ckan-dev] Count of datasets on front page incorrectly reports "0 datasets"?

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Thu May 24 17:25:04 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm running CKAN 1.7 (package install) on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and I've
successfully uploaded two datasets: one has an attached file Resource,
and one has an attached API link Resource.

If you view my user profile page, you can see the two datasets in my
list of datasets:

http://64.175.136.174/en/user/admin

If you view the front page of the site, the "Find Data" block reports
that there are 0 datasets.  When clicking on the "0 datasets" link or
"Search" link to get to the datasets page, there are none listed:

http://64.175.136.174/en/

Interestingly, one of the datasets was assigned to the "police" group.
 On the front page listing of groups, the police group block does
correctly display "1 dataset" but if I click that link to view the
police group's dataset, there are no datasets visible:

http://64.175.136.174/en/group/police

This problem preceded the earlier file storage config problem I had
yesterday, for those following along in the saga :-)

Thanks for any troubleshooting suggestions!

Jim

--
-----
Jim Craner, 2012 Fellow