[ckan-dev] Search functions in CKAN; custom schema.

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue May 29 10:25:14 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just wanted to query a few points regarding CKAN that I may not be
up to date on, since we're discussing using CKAN with a partner
organization and I want to be clear on the features.

* Is global data search planned; when is it likely to land? Has anyone
played with indexing PDF/Word/... docs, e.g. via Tika?
* Can I have per-group or per-dataset schemata with custom vocabs and
have these enforced as validation when saving metadata, as well as
used to generate a custom form? e.g. I send people to
datahubio/datasets/new?schema=mymeta - this will ask for a couple of
extras and enforce they are part of an enumeration, then save that
association and use the form each time the dataset is edited.

Thanks for any advice,

 - Friedrich