[ckan-dev] Using CKAN API to access list of data sets returned for a search query for Linked Open Data Cloud

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri May 4 22:23:58 UTC 2012

On 4 May 2012 17:41, Sarasi Lalithsena <sarasi2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need some help for using CKAN api to get the data sets returned for a
> search query by CKAN.
>
> First of all I would like to know that the list of data sets returned by
> CKAN for a search
> query is a ranked list or not.

Yes, scoring is performed by default I believe.

> When I tried to follow the example queries given in
> "http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api-tutorial.html"
> page for Seach it throws an internal server error. Am I missing something or
> is there any other way to do it?

I'm not sure which query exactly you mean but the following works fine
(this is getting datasets in lodcloud group):

<http://datahub.io/api/search/dataset?groups=lodcloud>

Note this is only the first 10 results. To get all of them just do:

<http://datahub.io/api/search/dataset?groups=lodcloud&limit=350>

Rufus

> Specifically I am only interested for Linked Open Data sets so is there any
> way that I can get
> only those information.
>
> Thanks In Advance
> Regards