[ckan-dev] Harvest sources

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Tue May 15 09:51:16 UTC 2012

On 15 May 2012 10:14, Mark Wainwright <mark.wainwright at okfn.org> wrote:
> 1. publicdata.eu does not have a publicly-visible list of harvest
> sources (or if it does, I can't find it). I suggest this information
> should be publicly available and reasonably easy to find.
Harvesting has been traditionally considered a sysadmin only feature,
but in the context of PDEU, which is basically an aggregator, maybe it
makes sense to show the sources. In any case, that would be a feature
specific to the PDEU extension.

> 2. It would also be useful to be able to restrict searches to datasets
> from a particular source or set of sources.
That's a good point, and relatively easy to implement

> 3. The 'harvest source' field on this dataset is unenlightening:
> http://publicdata.eu/dataset/01-bve-adressen-instellingen--ministerie-van-ocw
Yes, it looks like the source info for some datasets is incomplete, it
will need some investigation.