[ckan-dev] file storage setup in 1.7

Haq, Salman Salman.Haq at neustar.biz
Thu May 24 13:43:09 UTC 2012

On 5/24/12 4:51 AM, "Ross Jones" <ross.jones at okfn.org> wrote:

>Hi Jim
>
>If you're using 1.7 you shouldn't need ckanext-storage at all, it might
>just
>confuse the situation so probably best if you disable it (remove it from
>your .ini).
>
>Could you post your .ini to pastebin with any sensitive (database) info
>removed?
>Everytime this happens to me it is because I've forgotten to install
>pairtree
>or have set ofs.storage_dir to a folder where I don't have permissions.
>
>I'm assuming you are using local file storage, in which case it might be
>worth seeing
>if CKAN has created a pairtree_version0_1 file (empty) in the folder
>specified in
>ofs.storage_dir. If not create one and see if that makes a difference.
>
>Ross

Jim,

Building on Ross's suggestions, there may be several things that are
broken and need to be reported as bugs:

1. python-argparse debian package dependency may be missing.
2. python-pairtree debian package dependency may be missing.
3. {ofs.storage_dir}/pairtree_root/ directory has to be explicitly created
with www-data:www-data ownership and mode 755.
4. {ofs.storage_dir}/pairtree_version0_1 file has to be explicitly touched
with www-data:www-data ownership and mode 644.

The mailing list has similar threads from the March/April time frame where
the same problem was reported.

Hope this helps.

Salman