[ckan-dev] How we use trac

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu May 31 10:29:40 UTC 2012

> Thanks, my main issue is that I think priority should be for the priority
> and so awaiting merge feels wrong as a priority.  We do need to keep things
> simple though.  Maybe we should add awaiting merge as a keyword or just
> make a github pull request and add a link in trac and use github to see
> what needs merging?  I can live with the suggested approach.

I see what you mean, it feels like awaiting-merge should be a status so
the workflow of statuses for a ticket would go new -> accepted ->
assigned -> awaiting merge -> closed. I think this sort of stuff may be
configurable in trac but I don't want to mess with it to be honest,
prefer to stay close to the defaults.

Awaiting-merge is sort of a priority of its own in a way, regardless of
whether this ticket had high or low priority before, it now just needs
review and merge and that should be done asap before the branch gets
behind.