[ckan-dev] CSW, ISO and Spatial Extension

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 08:43:12 UTC 2012

Hi Ryan,

It is true that pycsw handles the xml files in the db and we only map
the queryables in our tables and not the full ISO implementation. This
was a decision we made initially when we started pycsw in order to
support multiple metadata formats under the same db schema.

I haven't tested against a view table but I feel it will work ok.

Please feel free to ask your questions about pycsw.

Thanks,
Angelos

On 10/31/2012 11:53 PM, Ryan Clark wrote:
> Thanks very much to Adria and Dave for the info regarding where geospatial support is going with CKAN. And thanks also to others who have responded and offered advice and insight. It'll be really helpful in the coming weeks as we try and evaluate CKAN against some other frameworks.
>
> Dave mentioned that there's no current mechanism to convert CKAN records to ISO19139 XML. It does look like pycsw might provide some help here: http://pycsw.org/docs/1.4.0/administration.html#mapping-to-an-existing-repository
>
> The mapping file looks pretty simplistic, and the functionality doesn't look like it could handle and relationships in the source data. Can pycsw be pointed at a view instead of a table?:
> https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/blob/master/etc/mappings.py
>
> ... looks like its time for me to explore pycsw!
> Thanks!
> ____________________
>
> Ryan Clark
> ryan.clark at azgs.az.gov
> (520) 302-4871
>

> On Oct 31, 2012, at 4:26 PM, David Read <david.read at hackneyworkshop.com> wrote:
>
>>> What branch of ckanext-spatial should we branch from and sync our fork
>>> with? master or harvest-generic-iso?
>> I suggest master for now, although there's not much difference. I
>> expect Adria will merge the iso branch in when it is tested and ready
>> to be used.
>>
>> Dave

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory