[ckan-dev] RFC: Add requests to the core python requirements (and upgrade it)

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:01:27 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Are there any objections to having requests [1] as a core requirement
starting on CKAN 2.0?
I think it's not worth going over all the benefits and how nice and
API it is, and we have been using regularly on extensions and the
tests and it will now be used on a core extension (resource proxy).

Apart from adding it I would like to upgrade to the latest available
version (0.14.2) as it has features needed from some of the harvesting
we are working on.

Adrià

[1] http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/